I discovered this morning—when I noticed that most of Pesaro’s shops and markets were closed—that June 2 is an Italian national holiday for the Festa della Repubblica. This holiday celebrates the birth of the modern Italian republic in 1946. It appears that there will be a live music festival in the main piazza tonight that I hope to check out. The above photo is from a 2005 air show by “Frecce Tricolori” to celebrate the holiday. Auguri, Italia!
- RT @GinaRaeMitchell: Gina presents: Writing on the Road, guest post by @NatalieGHart, author of Pieces of Me, on how travel influenced her… 3 months ago
- A few months behind but finally catching up! My review of The Cuban Affair for @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2019/02/the-cu… 6 months ago
- My reading goals for this year! portlandbookreview.com/2019/01/2019-r… 1 year ago
- Check out my latest review from @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2018/03/mary-m… #R.L. Stine #Mary McScary 1 year ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] Mary McScary by R.L. Stine, illustrated by Marc Brown portlandbookreview.com/2018/03/mary-m… #halloween #holidays #lauradi… 1 year ago