I discovered this morning—when I noticed that most of Pesaro’s shops and markets were closed—that June 2 is an Italian national holiday for the Festa della Repubblica. This holiday celebrates the birth of the modern Italian republic in 1946. It appears that there will be a live music festival in the main piazza tonight that I hope to check out. The above photo is from a 2005 air show by “Frecce Tricolori” to celebrate the holiday. Auguri, Italia!
- Check out my review of When the Sky Breaks from @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2017/08/when-t… 1 month ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] When the Sky Breaks: Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and the Worst Weather in the World by Simon Winchester https://… 1 month ago
- RT @ariekaplan: Via @PDXBookReview: great review of LEGO STAR WARS: FACE OFF (written by me w/art by Dave White): bit.ly/2nx59CC @… 5 months ago
- Behind in announcing reviews! Here's one from Jan. @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2017/01/buddys… 6 months ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] The Littlest Family’s Big Day by Emily Winfield Martin portlandbookreview.com/2017/01/ready-… #lauradigiovine 8 months ago