I discovered this morning—when I noticed that most of Pesaro’s shops and markets were closed—that June 2 is an Italian national holiday for the Festa della Repubblica. This holiday celebrates the birth of the modern Italian republic in 1946. It appears that there will be a live music festival in the main piazza tonight that I hope to check out. The above photo is from a 2005 air show by “Frecce Tricolori” to celebrate the holiday. Auguri, Italia!
- My latest review on @PDXBookReview of A Royal Affair: portlandbookreview.com/2017/11/a-roya… 2 weeks ago
- New review up on @PDXBookReview for The Daughters of Ireland: portlandbookreview.com/2017/11/daught… 1 month ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] The Daughters of Ireland by Santa Montefiore portlandbookreview.com/2017/11/daught… #lauradigiovine #santamontefiore 1 month ago
- RT @imported_ink: Our new blog is live right now! Check us out and let us know your thoughts at… instagram.com/p/BaE_wuageZD/ 2 months ago
- Check out my review of When the Sky Breaks from @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2017/08/when-t… 4 months ago