Everyone in Pesaro has a rose today. It’s the feast day of St. Rita of Cascia, a 14th-century Augustinian nun and local parishes with a devotion to St. Rita are selling roses blessed by the priests during Mass. The rose is thought to represent Rita’s ability to intercede on behalf of lost causes and her sanctuary is one of the most popular pilgrimage sites in Umbria. Sant’Agostino church is a few blocks from our apartment so we took an afternoon stroll and bought a couple of roses.
- Check out my latest review from @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2018/03/mary-m… #R.L. Stine #Mary McScary 2 months ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] Mary McScary by R.L. Stine, illustrated by Marc Brown portlandbookreview.com/2018/03/mary-m… #halloween #holidays #lauradi… 2 months ago
- One of my fave romances, Anne of Green Gables—on Portland Book Review: portlandbookreview.com/2018/02/review…. 3 months ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] Our Reviewers’ Favorite Romances portlandbookreview.com/2018/02/review… #holidays #juliagaskill #lrubyhannigan 3 months ago
- My latest review on @PDXBookReview of A Royal Affair: portlandbookreview.com/2017/11/a-roya… 5 months ago