Everyone in Pesaro has a rose today. It’s the feast day of St. Rita of Cascia, a 14th-century Augustinian nun and local parishes with a devotion to St. Rita are selling roses blessed by the priests during Mass. The rose is thought to represent Rita’s ability to intercede on behalf of lost causes and her sanctuary is one of the most popular pilgrimage sites in Umbria. Sant’Agostino church is a few blocks from our apartment so we took an afternoon stroll and bought a couple of roses.
- Check out my review of When the Sky Breaks from @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2017/08/when-t… 1 month ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] When the Sky Breaks: Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and the Worst Weather in the World by Simon Winchester https://… 1 month ago
- RT @ariekaplan: Via @PDXBookReview: great review of LEGO STAR WARS: FACE OFF (written by me w/art by Dave White): bit.ly/2nx59CC @… 5 months ago
- Behind in announcing reviews! Here's one from Jan. @PDXBookReview: portlandbookreview.com/2017/01/buddys… 6 months ago
- RT @PDXBookReview: [New on PBR] The Littlest Family’s Big Day by Emily Winfield Martin portlandbookreview.com/2017/01/ready-… #lauradigiovine 8 months ago